Retail Counter Representative - Greenville, SC
Retail Counter Sales Representative
Position Summary: To solve walk in customers’ problems by reproducing hose assemblies to factory specifications or by selling the necessary parts or items in a timely manner, enabling the customer to limit costs and down time while maintaining profitability.
Reports to: Retail Manager
- Greet, assist and work with and enable both retail and industrial customers in purchasing hydraulic hose parts or components through familiarity and knowledge of vendor’s products.
- Identify the type of hose and fittings the customer needs.
- Select necessary hose to make the assembly.
- Prepare work orders both manually and computer generated.
- Identify other items the customer may need.
- Use creative solutions to meet the customers’ needs.
- Complete jobs in a timely manner and achieve zero comebacks.
- Cut, fit and assemble hose and hose fittings and inspect or test completed assembly.
- Use a variety of hand tools (wrench, hammer, handsaw, pneumatic wrench, hand grinder, power drill, calipers) and shop equipment (hose crimp machine, reusable hose assembly equipment, hose test machine, hose cut off saw, grinder, forklift, hydraulic shop press, welder, acetylene torch, pressure washer, drill press, band saw, parts cleaner).
- Ensure proper inventory is maintained by counting, reordering or shipping materials.
- Scan parts for weekly orders; put away stock and pull orders.
- Maintain general work area and shop equipment in a clean, neat, safe manner.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- HS Diploma/GED
Minimum Work Experience:
- 1-3 years prior retail sales experience preferably in hardware or industrial products.
Specific Skills and Training:
- Basic knowledge of fluid power preferred.
- Aeroquip Fluid Conveyance Product School (AFCPS) is required within one year of hire date.
- Using a variety of hand tools and shop equipment
- Different hoses and thread configurations
- Basic hydraulic principles
- Apero Trax/RMA procedures and process
- DSI/DIN process
- Word, Outlook, Excel, and Internet
- Retail counter and warehouse setting.
- Moderate standing and walking.
- Some lifting of (50lbs) to waist height.
- Some exposure to hazardous materials.
- Working with and around machinery including chop saws, hose crimpers, welding equipment, and forklifts.
- Some use of safety equipment. (Eye and foot protection)