Hydraulic Supply Company - Serving The Fluid Power Industry Since 1947
Operating today as Hydraulic Supply Company, HSC was founded as Aero Hardware and Supply Inc. in 1947 in Miami Springs, Florida by Harold Inglis. With 2 employees, its goal was to provide hardware and tools to the airline industry. The lines of products originally carried by the company were Aeroquip, general hardware, DuPont paints and Proto tools; we were actually Aeroquip’s very first distributor. Hydraulic Supply Company now has over 200 team members, a central distribution center and a repair and service center, 24 retail locations and a selection of more than 100 brands. We are recognized as a premier distributor in the fluid power industry.
1947: Aero Hardware/Hydraulic Supply Company was founded in Miami Springs, Florida by Harold Inglis to provide hardware and tools to the airline industry. We were Aeroquip’s very first distributor and initially had two employees.1940s
The first company branch opened and started expansion plans that drove Hydraulic Supply Company growth in the coming decade.
1962: First branch store opened in Orlando, Florida.1960s
The company opened several more stores in Florida.
1972: Tampa, Florida branch store opened.
1975: Belle Glade, Florida branch store opened to serve the sugar industry.
After the passing of Harold Inglis, Jim Inglis became president of the company and the plans were started to centralize operations of the company.
1982: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida branch store opened.
1986: Jim Inglis became president of the company.
1988: Central Warehouse began functioning as Central Purchasing department. Major upgrade made to computer system.1980s
The company expanded its footprint through Florida and Georgia with the opening of several stores and the construction of its Central Distribution Center in Sunrise, Florida.
1990: West Palm Beach, Florida branch store opened.
1994: HSC Direct/Aeroquip Express store opened in Pompano Beach, Florida.
1996: 40,000 sq. ft. Distribution Center was built and opened in Sawgrass Corporate Park in Sunrise, Florida.
1998: Second HSC Direct/Aeroquip Express store opened in Ft. Myers, Florida.
1999: Third HSC Direct/Aeroquip Express store opened in Atlanta, Georgia. HSC published its first catalog in both print and electronic formats.1990s
With the creation of IGS as an international division, Hydraulic Supply Company solidified itself in international markets, particularly in Latin America. The company continued its aggressive expansion in the Southeast region of the United States by opening new locations in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina.
2003: Created new International business unit to operate under the name of Industrial Global Sales (IGS).
2004: Second store opened in Mableton, Georgia.
2005: Third store opened in Norcross, Georgia. New store opened in Homestead, Florida in November.
2006: St. Petersburg, Florida store opened in January, Augusta, Georgia store opened in July, Daytona Beach, Florida store opened in September and Savannah, Georgia store opened in December.
2007: 4 additional stores opened: Lakeland, Florida in January, Chattanooga, Tennessee in July, Marietta, Georgia in October and Naples, Florida in December.
2008: Warehouse expansion was in progress. New store opened in Columbus, Georgia in November.
2009: Warehouse expansion with an additional 20,000 sq. ft. was completed.2000s
HSC continues to evolve and expand to better serve its customers.
2010: Aviation division was sold in August.
2014: Hydraulic Repair & Service opened in Pompano Beach, Florida and the company expanded footprint into North Carolina, South Carolina and Alabama.
2015: Columbia, South Carolina and Charlotte and Greensboro, North Carolina stores opened.
2016: Knoxville, TN and Monterrey, Mexico stores opened.
2017: Opened New Store in Greenville, SC and Completed Acquisition of Fabacher, Inc of New Orleans
2018: Opened New Stores in Mobile, Alabama, Miami East, and Miami West
2018: Acquired by Motion Industries, Inc. a division of Genuine Parts Company2010s